Role Title: Water Hygiene Engineer
Purpose of role: Carry out on site – Disinfection of Water Tanks, Service of Booster Sets, Temperature Monitoring and Legionella Risk Assessments and Implement processors and templates to further this department. Additionally when required support engineers on projects and servicing and breakdown of Clean and Dirty Water Systems. Learn and Develop skills to enable pipework modifications from risk assessments.
Reports to: Head of M&E Services
Reportees: None at present
Location: Unit C2 Kingsland Trading Estate, St. Phillips Road, Bristol. BS2 0JZ
- Tank cleaning & Chlorination services as part of a team.
- Legionella Risk Assessment to be developed and implemented
- Booster Pump Servicing
- The servicing, maintenance, commissioning installation of pumps & pumping equipment in both clean water & wastewater environments, largely at sewage treatment plants & submersible pumping stations.
- Checking that equipment and processors complies with current Legionella regulations.
- Develop Skills to enable Installations & Modification Upgrades– Carry out pump & related equipment replacements & installations when required.
- Following site visits, advise the build of materials & solutions needed for the accurate quoting of remedial repairs from Risk Assessments and Booster Servicing.
- Liaising with M&E Services department & communicating effectively.
- Supporting Project Manager when required.
- Dealing with commercial & residential customers.
Types of equipment you will be expected to work with:
- All processors around Disinfection and Risk Assessments relating to the control of legionella.
- Electrical motors/Inverters/Rotating equipment/pipework installation & modifications in copper, plastics & stainless steel/Submersible & surface mounted pumping equipment/circulators/Cold water booster sets & pressurisation equipment/HVAC/Building Services.
Qualifications and experience required to do this role:
- Experienced in Disinfection of Hot & Cold Water Systems
- Water Management Society Advanced Legionella Risk Assessor City & Guilds 1 & 2 or equivalent
- Disinfection of Hot & Cold Water Systems
- Health & Safety Aware
- Confined Space Trained
- National Water Hygiene Blue Card
- A full driving licence
- Job specific training will be provided where necessary
- Understand Pipework Sizes and Materials
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and the Mawdsleys HR Representative would aim to reach agreement to the changes.