Tank Chlorination, Cleaning and Disinfection
As an individual or company responsible for a water system you have a legal obligation under current Health & Safety Legislation, ACoP L8 is a water hygiene control regime put in place to ensure the quality of the water provided and manage the risk of exposure to the Legionella bacteria.
Mawdsley’s pump services are approved via the National Water Hygiene scheme to safely work on all aspects of water pressure tanks and booster sets. We offer a wide range of water hygiene services, working directly with the facilities management company to help them meet their legal obligations.
Chlorination is the standard water industry process for the safe sterilisation of drinking water to ensure it is fit for human consumption upon delivery to the buildings residents.
Using specialist cleaning equipment we are able to quickly clean and chlorinate all kinds of water tanks, from Gravity fed tanks to water boosted systems.
Hot and cold water services should also be cleaned, flushed and disinfected in the following situations:
- Completion of a new water installation or refurbishment of a hot and cold water system.
- Installation of New Components.
- Where the hot and cold water is not used for a prolonged period.
- On a routine inspection of the water storage tanks, where there is evidence of significant contamination or stagnation.
- If the system or part of it has been substantially altered or entered for maintenance purposes that may introduce contamination
- Following water sampling results that indicate evidence of microbial contamination of the water system
- During, or following an outbreak or suspected outbreak of legionella is linked to the system
- Where indicated by the risk assessment
- Animal Contamination
- The presence of Biofilm, Flora growth, or corrosion.
“The risk from exposure to Legionella should be prevented or controlled; precautions include keeping the system and the water in it clean”
ACop L8, paragraph 190
Once the chlorination and clean has taken place, our engineers will provide you with a full report with photographs detailing any additional problems associated with the tank or the water supply.
Contact Our Expert Team
To ensure your water system fulfils health and safety legislation, call us now on Bristol: 0117 9552481 or Chard: 01460 68167, operating 7 days a week, we also offer 24-hour emergency call out service in the event of a breakdown.