Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Apprentice
Role Title: M&E Services Manager
Purpose of role: Has overall accountability for defining the service, ensuring services meet the business need and are delivered in accordance with agreed business requirements, and managing the service lifecycle – often in conjunction with a Service Team.
Reports to: Managing Director
Reportees: M&E Services Administrators, M&E Services Engineers
Location: Unit C2 Kingsland Trading Estate, St. Phillips Road, Bristol. BS2 0JZ
- To act as lead practitioner and develop the team’s skills.
- Manage and respond to the needs of a 24 hour service, including on-call arrangements and to provide out of hours management cover when required.
- Financial budgetary control
- Supervises and coordinates activities of all reportees within the M&E Services department in line with the relevant KPI’s.
- Prepares and distributes sales and inventory reports as directed
- Attends Management Review Meetings
- Interviews job applicants and evaluates employee performance to recommend personnel actions such as hiring, retention, promotion, transfer or dismissal of employees.
- Ensure all parts are present ahead of issuing jobs to engineers
- Assigns duties to all reportees and schedules break periods, work hours, and vacations.
- Manages the localised training matrix and identifies training needs in all policies, department procedures, and job duties in conjunction with the company’s employment policy.
- Manages job costing including subcontract services and components, analyses and reports discrepancies in order to control costs and continually improve
- Listens to customer complaints and resolves problems to restore and promote good public relations as determined by consultation with the Managing Director
- Report non-conformances and complaints in line with the company’s quality system
- Supports, implements and manages all aspects of the companies Health & Safety policies in conjunction with the employer’s legal requirements.
- Ensure job specific compliance and accuracy of Risk Assessments, Method statements, Compliance and training
- Sorting on-site security
- Managing Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with customers and external service providers
- To seek continual Improvement possibilities.
Qualifications and experience required to do this role:
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role
- Experienced managerial role responsible for an administration team and a team of Site Service Engineers
- Health & Safety Management competence
- Recruitment experience
- HR Knowledge/competence
- Pump knowledge including ancillary equipment
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and the Mawdsleys HR Representative would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
Please apply using the form below, or send a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com